Happy Home Pet Adoptions is a nonprofit, no-kill animal shelter serving the Springfield area. Our mission is to give homeless animals a second chance through our rescue, shelter, and adoption programs.
Founded in 1990, we have a few simple goals: save and re-home cats and dogs, and educate the public about spaying and neutering their pets.
We’re now one of the largest no-kill shelters in the state! Each year Happy Home Pet Adoptions helps more than 1,300 cats and dogs find permanent homes.
Where do these animals come from? About 40% are owner surrenders, and the other 60% are animals we rescue from shelters that euthanize.
We have a dedicated staff of 6 (half are part-time). And our 50-plus volunteers are our backbone (thank you volunteers and donors!). Many of the rescued animals who come to Take Me Home get more love and attention in our shelter than they’ve ever known before.